Experience your nation’s capital with the FRS Youth Tour
JUNE 6-11, 2020
Spend a week in Washington, DC, and see the
federal government up close and in action.
The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) Youth Tour brings more than 100 high school students from rural communities across the nation to Washington, DC, for five days to learn about legislative and government processes and the importance of quality broadband connections. NTCA member companies, including Ben Lomand Connect, sponsor students and chaperones to attend and see our nation’s capital in action.
- Tour famous historical sites and monuments.
- Learn what it takes to advance a community through broadband applications.
- Meet with Federal Communications Commission and congressional staff.
- Build relationships with peers that can last a lifetime.
- Dance the night away with a Youth Tour mixer.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Students must be high school students, age 16 or 17 at the time of the tour (students age 18+ are ineligible to attend).
- The student’s parent or guardian must have Ben Lomand Connect service.
Ben Lomand Connect will select up to 2 students from our service territory to take on the tour based on an essay written by the student.
- Essay Topic: What are the advantages and disadvantages of technology in schools?
- Essay must be 750-800 words, double-spaced / 12 pt. font.
- Submit your essay to Karen Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your age, parent/guardian name and their phone number.
- Deadline: February 17th, 2020 at 8:00AM
- Questions? Contact Karen Wilson at email@example.com or 931-668-6681
All expenses paid by Ben Lomand Connect include:
- Four nights hotel accommodations (two students per room)
- Three meals a day
- Bus transportation to all activities
- Admission to ticketed events
- Special entertainment
- Youth Tour t-shirt
Travel arrangements are made by Ben Lomand Connect in coordination with the student.