At Ben Lomand Connect, we value the health and safety of our members, customers, and employees above all else, which is why we are closely monitoring events concerning COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are fortunate that, as of yet, our area has had no reported cases of COVID-19. But it is still important for all of us to do our part to prevent the spread of the virus.
While taking protective measures may not prevent people from getting the virus, it can help reduce the number of patients our health care system must treat in a short period of time. As the graph below shows, taking measures to protect against COVID-19 can spread the number of cases across a longer period, ensuring that health care providers have the resources to help everyone who needs it.
With that in mind, Ben Lomand Connect has taken the following steps, in accordance with CDC guidelines, to protect both our employees and our members/customers:
- Ben Lomand Connect employees who feel sick are being asked to stay home.
- Employees who work directly with members/customers should avoid shaking hands or making any physical contact.
- We have provided additional disinfectant products to employees in the office and posting additional reminders for employees to wash their hands often.
- Our frontline employees are disinfecting workspace after every customer interaction and wiping down displays/hard surfaces multiple times a day.
- All employees have been asked to take proper precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and those around them.
In addition, our technicians are taking extra precautions as well when visiting your home or business in regards to installations or repair calls. They are supplied with hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, face masks, and vinyl gloves. They are also being asked to limit their in-person contact with customers by practicing “social distancing”. Our adherence to these protocols will help ensure both the safety of our members/customers and employees.
Ben Lomand Connect also offers a variety of online services to help you pay your bill and conduct other utility business from home, plus our 24/7 local Network Support Center stands ready to assist you in any way. In addition, we encourage all of our members/customers to take similar steps to protect themselves and their families.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and explore further measures to support our members, customers, and the community as needed. Follow us on social media for updates and visit the CDC website for more information about COVID-19.